Trimetric 2030-A with WiFi Unit
Keep an eye on your batteries from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Now the Trimetric 2030-A is available with a WiFi module to provide wireless access to battery info, solar charging data and configuration parameters via WiFi technology. Backwoods Solar recommends using the Wifi Access Point (AP) mode for communication. Station mode requires programming that most users may find difficult and can result in data loss or loss of functionality.
- Connects to the TM-2030 Battery monitor and the SC-2030, if installed
- Longer range than Bluetooth type devices.
- No special app or software needed
- Use any WiFi equipped device and your favorite browser to access battery info and edit configuration parameters
The Tri-Metric 2030 keeps a running total of power into or out of your battery and displays the present level of charge. Referred to as a “net meter”, the Tri-Metric is one of the most comprehensive displays a battery management system can utilize.
The Meter head mounts anywhere in the house for easy checking. Surface mounting box available here. Small wires run from the meter to a shunt near the battery. Note: these small wire should not run parallel to any AC wiring.
The Tri-Metric meter reads:
- VOLTS: The Tri-Metric can monitor 2 battery banks, with voltage being the only parameter read on the second bank. Accurate to 1/10 volt. For 12, 24, or 48 volts.
- AMPS or WATTS: Displays the rate of energy going in or out of your batteries so you can monitor charging system and energy consumption.
- AMP-HOURS: Your battery state of charge in amp-hours.
- % Full: display will give you a quick indication of battery state-of-charge.
Also shows advanced functions: Flashing alarm reminds that battery needs charging or needs equalizing. Displays days elapsed since last full charge; amp hours cycled since last full charge; total amp hours cycled since battery was new; lowest and highest voltage since reset. Visit www.bogartengineering.com for more details.
If installing where there is no “power panel” consider the Trimetric Wiring Kit that includes 500A shunt, 2/0 lug w/wrench, shunt cable and 25′ 4 conductor tri-wire (sold separately).
New Data logging feature records daily maximum battery voltage level, and minimum charging amps to check for proper charging levels for the last 5 days.
Dimensions: Meter 4 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ x 1″ WiFi Module 4″ x 2 3/8″ x 1″
Weight: 1 lb.
One year warranty.
This is the meter is that we use to keep track of our batteries at our homes and in the Backwoods HQ.