APS Rapid Shutdown Module
The new RSD-D meets NEC 2017 & 2020 (690.12) requirements, enabling the critical rapid shutdown function while simultaneously improving product cost and performance. By using the RSD-D and Transmitter-PLC in solar PV installations, the connection between each module can be cut off remotely or manually in case of an emergency, thus eliminating any high voltage DC in the solar array, which reduces the risk of accidents and improves the safety of the PV system.
The AP Smart RSD-S-PLC meets SunSpec requirements, maintaining normal function by continually receiving a heartbeat signal from the APsmart Transmitter. The RSD executes rapid system shutdown when the Transmitter signal is absent. Users can manually execute rapid shutdown using Transmitter breaker switch. This shutdown system is safe, reliable, flexible and stable. Compatible with the most popular string inverters.
- Meets NEC 2017 & 2020 (690.12) requirements
- RSD ASIC Chip designed using APsystems’ IP with redundancy topology
- Low power consumption
- Input operating voltage Range – 8-80V
- Max Cont. Input Current – 15A
- Maximum Series Fuse Rating – 30A
- 25 Year limited warranty based on PV Module Manufacturer Warranty