SMA SB-7.0-US Sunny Boy 7000 Watt Grid-tie Inverter
SMA’s latest generation of grid-tie inverters features improvements to the well established Secure Power Supply (SPS), integrated disconnect, multiple MPPT tracking inputs, and enhanced AFCI technology. The SPS allows up to 2000 watts of loads to be powered during utility outages, while the sun is shining on the panels, with no battery bank required. Multiple MPPT inputs allow for a variety of string lengths and panel combinations. The enhanced AFCI technology reduces false tripping while improving sensitivity to real arcs.
This improved residential solution also features ShadeFix, SMA’s proprietary technology that optimizes system performance. ShadeFix also provides superior power production with a reduced component count versus competitors, which provides maximum reliability. No other optimized solution generates more power or is as easy as systems featuring SMA ShadeFix and SunSpec certified devices.
The SB series are string inverters that utilize arrays of solar panels wired for high voltage DC power delivery.
- Max usable power: 7000 VA
- Number of MPPT tracking inputs: 3 – with one string each
- Max DC voltage: 600 volts
- Rated MPP voltage range: 245 – 480 volts
- MPPT operating range: 100 – 550 volts
- Minimum DC voltage/starting voltage: 100/125 volts
- Max operating input current per MPPT : 10 amps
- Max short circuit current per MPPT: 18 amps
- Ground fault monitoring
- DC reverse polarity protection
- AC short circuit protection
**Electrical specs listed here are for 120/240 VAC split phase applications, see product spec sheet for 208 VAC 3-phase specs**
Dimensions: 21.1″ x 28.5″ x 7.8″
Weighs 57 lbs
UL and CSA listed
10 year warranty