Schneider Electric InsightHome Communication For XW / SW Inverter Systems
Powerful yet simple, Insight is Schneider Electric’s energy management ecosystem for solar & storage. It provides intuitive mobile and web-browser based interfaces for homeowners. The InsightHome is a multi-function communication device that provides an overall view of system performance for residential solar electric power systems that include Schneider Conext XW/SW inverter systems. As a whole system manager the Insight communicates over the Xanbus communication network to monitor and control other Conext devices including; the newest Context XW Pro inverter/charger, XWPlus and SW inverter chargers, XWMPPT60, 80 and 100 charge controllers, Schneider Automated Generator Start (AGS) module, Battery Monitor Kit (BMK) and System Control Panel (SCP).
Besides the Xanbus port to talk with other Schneider devices, the InsightHome also features both an ethernet port, and serial Modbus port for communications to personal computer or third party devices. Conext Insight 2 software can be used with a PC for local or remote monitoring and an Android Tablet App is also available. High speed internet on the site is required for remote monitoring.
The following materials and tools are not supplied but are required to complete the installation:
- CAT5e Ethernet cable(s)
- One AC/DC power supply adapter:
P/N: SMI18-12-V-P5Description: AC-DC Power Supply, 12Vdc Output Voltage,
1.6Adc Output Current
- Wire stripper
- Screwdriver set
- Diagonal cutter or heavy duty scissors
Other features include:
- Data Logs and System Information available through USB, RS485, Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Data logging accessed through web-based user interface
- Non-volatile memory; preserves settings during power or network interruption
- Firmware storage and upgrade capacity; the InsightHome can act as the pathway for firmware updates on any device on the Xanbus network
- Power via Xanbus or AC adapter (Adapter not included)
- Xanbus channels to support larger networks of devices
Device Dimensions: 5.2″H x 3″W x 1.6″ D
Shipping Dims: 6.2″H x 6.2″W x 7.4″D
Weighs 0.75 lb
Shipping Weight: 2 lb
Schneider Electric One year limited warranty, extendible to two years with product registration within six months of date of purchase. Warranty is subject to state and local laws or regulations that may alter warranty provisions.